Home Insurance

Building policies are designed for the main dwelling, garage and other outbuildings and gates, fences, drives, in-ground swimming pools and landlord’s fittings and fixtures. Check whether you have “reinstatement and replacement cover”, meaning “new for old”. Also check whether you have “accidental damage” cover, or “defined events” cover. Accidental damage cover is usually more expensive because it provides a broader cover.

For full details of the Product Disclosure Statements please Contact us.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance can be included with Building insurance or purchased separately depending on who owns the building and whose contents are in it. The same options for type of cover as for building insurance need to be considered. Some policies provide replacement cost as new for all contents. Others involve some contribution to the claim by you, to account for the fact that you are getting a new item but some allowance should be made for age, wear and tear. The cost of replacing furniture, carpets, personal possessions, etc, can be substantial and care should be taken when deciding on what to insurer and for how much.

Items like jewellery, electronics equipment, artworks, antiques, collections have policy limits on how much can be claimed unless otherwise arranged. There is usually an option to cover valuables and list expensive personal items such as jewellery and furs.

If you’re travelling overseas you should always consider purchasing travel insurance to cover baggage, clothing, etc, and other things like medical expenses.


For full details of the Product Disclosure Statements please Contact us.

Landlord Insurance

As a property owner and landlord, your needs are different to a person who loves in their own home. By taking a standard home, contents and strata title insurance, you won’t necessarily have the adequate cover appropriate for your investment.

Landlords insurance has been designed to cover your building and/or contents for loss or damage caused by insured events including fire, storm, theft, vandalism and glass breakage. Also included is the structure of your building and contents contained in the building (e.g. carpets) with optional extensions for tenant vandalism, theft and rent default.


For full details of the Product Disclosure Statements please Contact us.

Home Units/Apartments Insurance

Home Units/Apartments registered under a Strata Title are applicable for this type of insurance. When your lot or unit is leased partly or fully furnished, you can insure the replacement value of the contents (known as landlord fixtures and fittings).

Optional extensions on Home Units/Apartments Insurance include:

  • Tenant Rent Default

  • Theft

  • Malicious damage or vandalism


For full details of the Product Disclosure Statements please Contact us.

Body Corporate Insurance

According to Queensland Law, property registered as a Body Corporate or Community Titled Scheme must be insured. This compulsory insurance is to cover the common property (such as pools or fences), body corporate assets (such as plant and equipment) and the building to full replacement value.


For full details of the Product Disclosure Statements please Contact us.


Unit 5, The Groves

3986 Pacific Highway Loganholme

Queensland, Australia 4129

Toll Free: 1300 780 655

Phone: +61 7 3380 7901

E: info@biggroup.com.au


2/94 Robinson Road East

Virginia Queensland,

Australia 4014

Phone: +61 7 3865 2600

E: info@biggroup.com.au

Any General Insurance advice and products are provided by Business Insurance Group Pty Ltd. Business Insurance Group Pty Ltd ABN 13 086 264 851 is an Authorised Representative No. 233918 of Insurance Advisernet Australia Pty Ltd ABN 15 003 886 687 AFSL No. 240549 and is authorized to provide you with advice in the area of General Insurance products.

© 2018 Business Insurance Group Pty Ltd (BIG)
  • facebook
  • youtube
  • linkdin